A good tax settlement program can help you take control of your tax debt and get the IRS off your back. But with so many different types of programs and companies out there, how do you know which one is right for your situation?
These days, there are numerous tax relief scams and questionable businesses that claim to be able to wipe out your tax debt with the virtual click of a button. The reality is: it’s just not that simple.
However, by seeking the expertise of a skilled tax professional, you may be able to effectively:
- Resolve your tax problems – Stop the IRS from harassing you – Reverse the IRS’s collections methods – Potentially reduce your tax debt – Get your financial situation back on track
So, how do you know which tax relief program is right for you? Here’s what to look for as you begin comparing your options.
What To Look For In A Tax Settlement Program
- Experienced tax professionals or enrolled agents Be suspicious of any tax settlement program that does not involve the assistance of professional tax attorneys or enrolled agents. These are the only two types of professionals who are authorized to negotiate with the IRS on your behalf.
The expertise of these individuals is crucial to tackling your tax problems and finding a solution that fits your individual situations. Make sure the company you partner with has seasoned tax lawyers who can guide you to the tax relief program you need.
- A history of proven results Find out how long the tax relief company has been in business and how many other clients like you they’ve helped. Ask them about specific situations that are similar to yours and what outcome was produced as a result of their tax settlement program (More Info). Be wary of any company that is new to the industry or cannot prove that it had helped others relieve their tax debt.
- Customized solutions There are numerous factors that need to be considered when selecting the appropriate tax problem: how much debt you have, your current financial situation, how much interest and penalties you’ve been charged, which IRS collection methods are being used against you and so on. Your unique situation will determine which steps need to be taken to help settle your debt. Look for companies that customize their services to the unique needs of every client.
Proven Tax Settlement Programs At US Tax Shield
At US Tax Shield, we have years of tax resolution experience and have helped thousands of clients solve their tax liability problems. Our seasoned tax attorneys and enrolled agents are dedicated to helping individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations take control of their tax situations with a variety of tax relief solutions, including:
- Offers in compromise – Installment agreement negotiations – Release of wage and bank levies – Innocent spouse relief – Penalty abatements – High dollar liabilities – Foreign Bank Account Reporting issues – Payroll tax resolution – Audit appeals
US Tax Shield is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has seven offices across the United States.
Call 877-829-3535 to get a free 15-minute consultation with one of our experienced tax advisors.